Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Blast off!

Whew! Holy hectic morning- true Maggi fashion, I made sure to procrastinate a few tasks, which made my morning ridonkulous. Just minor things like printing my itinerary with my printer that decided to take it's own life this morning. Anyhoo, made it to the airport ONtime, frisbee strapped to the outside of my backpack, and smile on my face. Smile faded ever so slightly when the check-in lady, that was standing behind her counter enhaling fumes from her hairspray and gossiping with the agent next to her that also had no customers, said, "Did you not notice the abundance of kiosks that we have, most of them open, where you can just (insert gesture of little baby hands typing here)type in your info to check in?!" Why yes, yes, I did see those, and I also saw the sign that said for intl, I need to see an agent. "oh. Where are you going?" LA to Lima. "Hopefully not alone- you're not goin alone are you?!" Yes. "You are crazy!!"....(no response from me) "Passport". Atleast there was no security line at 2pm on a Tuesday. Made friends with an elderly lady at the bar- i asked her if the bloody marys were delicious (which clearly they are, as she was on her second in 20 mins), and that opened the flood gate to her life story of living in Alaska, visiting her sister in Kentucky, and how outrageous she thinks it is that her husband Dick goes to bed at SEVEN THIRTY EVERY night! LA is beautiful weather today; doesn't make up for the fact that it's LA. The main reason I know about the weather is because you have to leave the terminal, walk down the street a block to a new bldg for intl flights, after being misdirected a few times, then go back through security, get asked twice by TSA if you're Canadian, get xrayed again, pass through the 15 officers standing around talking (I'm fine with increased security, but we may need to utilize a little differently), and back at the bar- for food and free water this time. And here I sit, the lone girl in the corner, typing on her phone like a teenager, listening to a group of obnoxious germans (or maybe it just seems obnoxious because i dont speak the language), awaiting the departure to Lima in two hours....summary for the day- traveling is so interesting, LA is awful, I'm Canadian...miss ya'all!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it's been interesting! Hope you made it to Peru safely. Been thinking of you all morning. I bet you've got some sunny, beautiful weather and scenery! Miss u already! xoxox Jandi

    ReplyDelete