Friday, May 6, 2011

Now I remember why I didn't live in the dorms during college...

I'm a little bummed that I slept half the day away today, but I didn't really have a choice, since I went to bed at 5am. I originally tried to at 11pm, but people were getting all gussied up to go out to the club and celebrate Cinco De Mayo, though I don't think 90% of them even knew what it honors. anyhoo, then at 1am, the a few people from the hostel bar stumbled in, 2am, 3 new women moved into the room, 3am, a drunken, brazillian, D-bag, that looks to be about 16, fell down the stairs into our room (looked very painful), eventually got up, stumbled into the room, fell down again, wryled(sp?) around like a turtle on his back for a good 5 minutes, managed to get into the sitting position where he passed out, woke himself up by farting, and ~5 painful minutes later had managed to climb into his top bunk. At this point, I was just extremely happy that I was not sleeping under him. I managed to fall asleep for a minute, then heard him trying to get down from his bed- he was attempting it on the wrong side of the bed, and managed to wedge himself between the wall and the bunk bed, f'ing idiot....So, after a loud struggle, he found his way back in bed, and began to loudly snore some more. The next thing I hear, at 4:15am, is the sound of water and a woman screaming. I jumped out of bed, and just in time- the brazillian baboon was on the end of his bed, peeing all over this poor woman's backpack (top open :p) and the end of my bed!! sigh. So, this teeny tiny french dude in his teeny tiny underpants (that didn't even know this guy) came over to his bed, pulled him out, and said, apologize to these women now, then again for real in the morning, and threw him into the shower. The front desk got me a different bed for the night, and I finally shut my eyes around 5. Tonight had better go much much differently since I leave at 4am tomorrow for Machu Pichu. All of that being said, it is another gorgeous day here, and I plan to spend the afternoon wondering the city again, as soon as I'm done enjoying more of the wonderful coffee (rich, chocolately flavor- a bit frothy on top, yum!)in the courtyard of the hostel. Hopefully when I get back I can upload the first batch of photos. Happy Friday all!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck on the climb. I really want to see a photo of you in the stone chair at the top of Huayna Picchu ... the one where you can dangle your feet over the 10,000 foot cliff. I'll have to show you the one of my Mom sitting in there in the 70's. Her fingers are completely dug into the rock. Oh, and at least it wasn't a bunch of Americans peeing from their top bunk ... small consolation, I know, but it's something.
    ps (did you get a photo of the teeny tiny underpants?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, just wait till you encounter the infamous Irish travelers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What, do the Irish wear teeny tiny underpants, too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your adventures have truly begun . . . looking forward to the photos! Love the blog . . . & you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. K Maggi, time to update us again! :-) And, hello, where are the pictures?? jk, Hope you are doing ok, feeling good and having fun! Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! I'm sorry they 18 yr olds are sucking. There was another place there called the hostel Frankenstein I think that someone on our trek really liked. I hope it works out!

    ReplyDelete