Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Home sweet Peru

Made it! Got in to Cuzco at 11am today. Had to immediately take a long nap- the plane consisted of cramped legs, small spurts of sleep, very odd meal, and a depressing Paul Giomatti film (like he has any other kind). Loki hostel seems pretty cool so far- the taxi ride here was awesome, the city just sprawls up the mtn sides. It was so sunny and beautiful today- I really wanted to get out, but I also needed to take a 5 hr nap in my bed, so tomorrow the city exploration begins. I am hiking on foot with a guided group to Machu Pichu, starting at 4am Saturday morning, oy. It's a 5 day, 4 night hike that's going to kick my butt, but be oh so amazing!! Other interesting tours are rafting, zip lining, and several day hikes. I'm trying to remind myself to pace, as I have four more months to do these things. Peru will probably be mostly hiking, adjusting to dorm style living, and trying to improve my Spanish. Thanks for all the well wishes, it was an encouraging send off. Pictures start in full force tomorrow! Xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Slow down, girl. You're gonna run out of oxygen. 11,200 feet above sea level ... that's making my head hurt just thinking about it. Bring lots of water for the hike, and remember to pack clean underwear. Did you brush your teeth this morning? You're not going out wearing that, are you? Those shoes do not go with that belt.

    (I miss you ... can you tell?)

    ReplyDelete